Sunday, November 18, 2007

Another day older

My grandma always said the older you get the faster time flies by. The older I get the more I realize how right she was.
Yesterday was my birthday.
I feel like I just had the last one a couple of months ago… and here I am tacking on another already. My son asked if I was now 51... I said “Yes, we’ll go with that!” He just smiled and gave me a hug. I’m choosing to believe it was one of affection rather than sympathy.

I got several nice gifts from my family, which is always a plus. My older daughter and her family gave me a nice soft robins egg blue robe and slippers. My Mom gave me an adorable snowman snow globe to add to my collection of snowman items, and a nice set of kitchen knives since mine have been disappearing. My younger kids gave me a cute snowman dessert set. My hubby helped me to build a padded headboard for our bed which I’d been wanting to do for a long time. Since it was MY day, he even let me cover it in a floral girlie fabric that he might otherwise have vetoed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Chaffy said...

Happy, happy birthday, my sister-friend!!! Love ya bunches!!!

GatorMommy said...

It sounds like you had a very good birthday! I'm glad. You deserve it. ((((HUGS))))

Unknown said...

Well, Happy Birthday from a blog visitor :-) From reading your likes and dislikes, I'm same as you, I love the sound of silence. Have a good one.