Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Too much fun!

Too much fun!

I've got blisters on my hands
and grass stains on my knees
from kneeling, digging in the dirt
planting my sweet peas

My hair is streaked with highlights
my skin red from the sun
so the bulbs I planted and watered
will sprout before May is done

My nails are chipped and dirty
fingertips bruised and sore
there's still some grass on the front lawn
I obviously need to do more

My body's growing weary
every joint is screaming in pain
I don't want to drag out the hose again
Please God make it rain

Just when I think I'm finished
planting for this year
along comes a neighbor with more plants
I need to get it in gear

A gardeners work is never ending
there's always more to be done
'cause once you're hooked you cannot quit
it's just too darn much fun!

No comments: