Monday, November 5, 2007

Mortified by a 2 yr old

When my youngest child was 2, we took her and her 4 yr old brother to Pizza Hut. Naturally, since she was recently toilet trained, she insisted on checking out the bathroom before we went to our booth. So hubby took brother to find a table and I took little sis to see the bathroom decor.
When we came back out, Hubby and big bro were seated across the room waiting for us.
Between us and them was quite a crowd of people working their way through the room and slowing us down. So being a typical 2 yr old, my little darling reached up and patted the person ahead of us on the butt, trying to get through.

Just as HE turned to the right to see who was copping a feel of his backside, SHE darted left and ran to her Daddy leaving me to stand there alone; looking guilty as sin. He of course assumed that I had patted his fanny; went to his table and shared this news with his female companion. I didn't even bother to try to defend myself, because I had been caught red handed (and faced) even though it was circumstantial and totally unfounded!

So I got to my family, told hubby what had happened, and his guffaws filled the dining room for the rest of the meal. Meanwhile, I had daggers being glared into my skull by the woman whose mans' buns got patted. Our little darling is now 19, and to this day that story comes up every time we go to Pizza Hut. Some things you just never quite live down. blush

2 comments:

Chaffy said...

Was he at least cute with nice buns??? Hehehe!

GatorMommy said...

Oh, come on - you know YOU did it. ROFL!!!!!