Saturday, November 10, 2007

The puppy pile is dwindling

In the past 11 days I've sold all but 3 of my dozen Labradoodle puppies. I've been lucky to find so many really nice families looking to share their lives with my dogs. Only 2 have gone to families with little children. 2 have gone to unmarried young adults. the rest have gone to nice middle aged empty-nesters much like my husband and myself.

I love that Mama dog is ready to see the pups go. She greets each couple coming to pick out a pup as her next new best friends. She wants them to pet her, cuddle with her, and when they leave, to take a pup with them. LOL She's tired of the milk teeth and tiny claws tearing at her. She's tired of the pups hogging the attention and getting so much of my time. I've watched her as each of the pups have been taken, and see no sadness in her. She's a wise old girl... she knows the time has come.

No comments: