Friday, January 18, 2008

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Within the next week I get to go pick up my new baby! I am waiting only for the weather to improve so we can travel safely and without worry.
He’s 6+ months old, has brown curly hair, brown eyes, and will be the beginning of a whole new chapter for me. I have yet to decide on a name for him; actually only found out tonight that he is mine, so haven’t had a lot of time to consider a name. I suspect that like his predecessors, he will name himself. He will do something to show me who he is and it will just “click”.

My new baby is a big boy by most standards. Actually he is considered a standard… a standard poodle that is. He is coming from the same farm where I got my beloved Moses. They’re not related, but they will have to learn to live together and act as brothers. Once grown, he will hopefully sire some lovely Labradoodle puppies for me. His coat is chocolate, so I hope that some of his offspring will be rich and brown in tone like he is. He has one lovely young lady who is also still maturing who will be one of his mates just waiting to meet him. She is black, but carries chocolate and apricot genes like he does. He will also be introduced to her mother, a lively black lady who I hope will teach him the ropes.

If he is the good boy that I believe him to be, he will live a long and full life as a house pet and stud dog . I hope to get at least 1, maybe 2 more ladies for him to start families with. In a year I want to be able to share his sweet nature and offspring with others who love dogs as much as I do. I had wanted a chocolate or a red boy to spice up my life… and now I will have one.

Yeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwww

2 comments:

Chaffy said...

Congratulations Tink!!!! The Tinkerdoodle Kennel sure is growing!!! I can't wait to see pics of your newest addition!! :)

GatorMommy said...

I can't wait to see pics! I'm glad your decision is made - I know you had a time of it. :)

Good luck with your new pup and I wish you lots of *sold* puppies. :D