Friday, January 25, 2008

Since I enjoyed my first litter of Labradoodle pups and was well satisfied with how they sold, I decided I'd like to expand on it. My site is still busy, I've found new FREE places to advertise that are keeping my site traffic up even now that I've run out of pups to sell. So I have been half heartedly looking for new dogs to add to the breeding program, and got lucky once again!

Today I am taking ownership of Bella, a nice 1 yr old black lab female. She's AKC reg, house trained and used to kids, cats, and other dogs. Her previous owner got her not realizing how energetic and busy lab puppies are so ended up frustrated and wanting to be rid of her. His fool hearty attitude will hopefully be my good fortune.

Due to landlord problems, I am also taking back one of the female pups that I'd recently sold. Snuggles is a black f1 Labradoodle, turning out very cute, and while she's out of Moses and Canada, If I keep her I can breed her with my new chocolate poodle male... so that's the plan today. LOL

Click image for larger version  Name: snuggles3.jpg Views: 0 Size: 56.5 KB ID: 2456 Snuggles

The new chocolate boy will be coming home this weekend. I have yet to come up with a name for him, but am going to be putting a lot of my future plans on him. I am going to be getting him DNA tested so if he proves to be sound genetically I will be able to know what colors he's able to pass on, that he's not a carrier for issues commonly found in purebred poodles, etc. He will be the first one I'll have tested... followed by the females. By having all my breeding dogs tested I will be able to guarantee my pups and every one of my dogs.

So I might be insane... this is going to be a major undertaking... but it's working for me so far, so why back off now. LOL My goal is to have 3 -4 litters a year (during the warmer months of the year) then give us all a rest over winter.

So I'm working it and we're now well on our way!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun way to earn a living. I've never heard of Labradoodles until I saw your blog. They are gorgeous. I'll have to try and persuade my hubbie to consider one :-)

We use to breed Lassie Collies when living in England, and loved the whole process. They were a hard dog to groom, though. What's the grooming picture with Labroadoodles?