Monday, December 31, 2007

Dec 31 Independence day!

My hubby and I finally decided enough was enough. We've had kids living at home for 34 years! Our time, energy, money and everything has been focused on and given to them. Now that the last ones home were nearing 21 and 22, we decided it was time to boot them out.


Not one of them has paid a cent to stay with us. Not one has acted like they appreciated the help or been willing to do so much as pick up after themselves without being asked. It's just been getting more aggravating the longer it went on.

So I saw my dr a couple weeks ago and she told me my blood pressure is rising, I'm a bundle of nerves, and I can either grow a back bone and boot the final kids out or she was going to stick me on a heavy duty anti depressant so I wouldn't care that my life was being overrun by ungrateful kids. Finally this got through to hubby and he's decided to stand beside me to make the changes we needed to make.

We gave the 2 kids still at home 2 weeks to move. They both have full time jobs, one has a son and the other is engaged... so it truly is time to grow up and leave home.

So today, Dec 31, is for me, Independence Day as the final one has packed up and moved his stuff out today. Now hubby and I will have privacy, quiet, space and time to focus on each other for the first time in far too long. I can't remember the last time I was so excited and hopeful heading into a new year.

2 comments:

Chaffy said...

Woooohoooo Tink!!! If I could post a fire works picture for your Independence Day I would!! Enjoy the serenity, my friend! You deserve it and more!

GatorMommy said...

Tink, I'm so happy for you! I hope you have a wonderful year full of family that you can send to their own homes, lots of space in your own home for your own stuff, and food in the fridge rather than all over the kitchen!

Happy New Year!!!!